Save 40% on admission to the top 5 Atlanta attractions with CityPASS.
- Step into prehistoric Patagonia and see Argentinosaurus, the largest known dinosaur to ever walk the Earth. Close behind it, the 47-foot long, 8-ton Giganotosaurus looks ready for its next meal.
- Explore the natural history of Georgia and the story of our planet as you journey through lifelike geographic regions and historic re-creations in A Walk Through Time in Georgia. Highlights include a dinosaur gallery, a giant sloth, a cave, and the sights and sounds of the Okefenokee Swamp.
- Stimulate your senses with lasers, mirrors, water, acoustics and more in Sensing Nature.
- Watch your kids become explorers, scientists and adventurers as they discover the many wonders of the natural world through hundreds of hands-on activities, live animal displays and engaging encounters in NatureQuest.
- Take a walk on the wild side as you explore 75 acres of new outdoor nature adventures. WildWoods and Fernbank Forest combine to highlight the natural world through immersive trails, educational programming, hands-on exhibits, and beautiful scenery.
FERNBANK MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY
767 Clifton Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Martinis & IMAX: A classy, all-adult evening museum experience; 6:30pm-11pm, Fridays (except in Dec). Cost for CityPASS holders: $13; food and drink available for purchase. Reservations: (404) 929-6400 or fernbankmuseum.org.
Giant Screen Theater: Add a Giant Screen Experience to your visit for only $8 with the coupon in your booklet (that's up to 40% off!). Fernbank’s NEW Giant Screen Theater provides a truly immersive experience through a state-of-the-moment 4K laser projection system with both 2D and 3D capabilities.
Advice for Visitors
- Dining: The Fernbank Café
- Gift Shop: Museum Store, Special Exhibition Store
Best time to visit: The museum is popular with school groups on weekday mornings. They generally depart by mid-afternoon.
Accessibility: Fully accessible facility; elevators; free wheelchairs
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.