Save on admission to the top New York City attractions
- Experience the grandeur of the Great Hall, the majestic main entry of the The Met.
- Take your time as you explore The Met’s incredible collections, comprising more than two million works of art in areas such as Modern Art, European Paintings, Asian Art, Arms and Armor, Photographs, American Art and more.
THE METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART
1000 Fifth Ave. at 82nd St.
New York, NY 10028
Galleries are cleared fifteen minutes before closing.
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year's Day and the first Monday in May.
For hours and locations of The Met Breuer and The Met Cloisters, visit metmuseum.org.
Audio Guide: Available for rent in ten languages at the audio guide desk in The Met Great Hall.
Advice for Visitors
- CityPASS and C3 include skip-the-line admission. Please note that if you purchase your Met ticket at the Met, you may pay what you wish, but you may experience a wait in the ticket line.
- All backpacks and packages must be checked in at the coat-check facilities. Avoid waiting in lines by leaving backpacks and packages at home.
- Free public guided tours of the Museum’s collection are offered throughout the week in 10 different languages. For the full schedule, visit the Museum’s website.
- Try the Director’s Audio Tour, a planned itinerary by Museum Director Thomas P. Campbell that explores some of the masterpieces in the Museum's encyclopedic collection of world art.
- Download the free Met app, the easiest way to see what's happening at The Met every day, wherever you are. Available for iPhone and Android.
- Find tips for fun family time at MuseumKids.
- Download and print suggested itineraries before you arrive.
- CityPASS includes admission to The Met Fifth Avenue as well as same-day admission to The Met Breuer, home to The Met's modern and contemporary art program, and The Met Cloisters, dedicated to the art, architecture, and gardens of medieval Europe. For more information about these locations, visit metmuseum.org.
- Dining: The Cafeteria, Petrie Court Café, The American Wing Café, Live music in the Great Hall Balcony Bar Fri & Sat evenings, The Cloisters' Trie Café (open May-October)
- Gift Shops: The Met Store
Accessibility: Wheelchairs are available at coat check.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 10 or more: Call (215) 570-3711; Email [email protected] Group leader should call or email at least one day in advance to make a reservation.