Save 39% on admission to the top 4 Dallas attractions with CityPASS.
- Walk into history when you visit the Sixth Floor Museum, located on the sixth floor of the former Texas School Book Depository, where significant evidence of a sniper was found.
- Relive the story of President Kennedy’s assassination through hundreds of historic television and radio broadcasts, films, photographs and artifacts.
- See in person the sniper’s perch and the area where a rifle was found, preserved as they appeared on November 22, 1963.
- Examine the FBI’s scale model of Dealey Plaza and the interactive touchscreens showing the motorcade route through the plaza.
- Visit the seventh floor to experience a variety of special programs and exhibits that complement the Museum’s permanent collection.
THE SIXTH FLOOR MUSEUM
411 Elm Street
Dallas, TX 75202
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
Advice for Visitors
- Entry to the museum is ticketed in 30-minute intervals.
- Audio guides are available in American Sign Language (ASL), English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, French, Japanese, Mandarin and a youth version (English only).
- CityPASS holders can visit the museum up to two days in advance of the day they plan on visiting to get a timed admission ticket ahead of time.
- Dining: Museum Store + Café (located across the street from the museum)
- Gift Shops: Museum Bookstore, Museum Store + Café
Best time to visit: Weekday afternoons are less crowded; weekends often sell out.
Accessibility: Elevators available. The Museum is accessible to wheelchair users and others with special needs. An accessible entrance is located at the northwest corner of the Museum. Wheelchairs are located in the Visitors Center and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. An American Sign Language (ASL) translation of the exhibit audio guide is available for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing visitors. Transcripts are also available. All videos in the permanent exhibit are captioned in English
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 20 or more: Call (214) 747-6660; Email firstname.lastname@example.org